Friday, January 22, 2010

Molly's Rolls

Hi all! I'm so glad to be back in "foodblog land," and with about five different yummies to show for it, too! My computer has some *ahem* virus issues so for the last couple of days I haven't been able to upload anything from my camera, and while I could have just posted recipes, well, I figured that there is no fun in that, so I just waited until I could "illustrate" as well.

Okay, so this recipe is for "Molly's Rolls" from Laura at Real Mom Kitchen, who got it from Amy at The Sisters Dish, who got the recipe from her friend Molly. Phew!




Molly's Rolls (makes about 2 dozen)

1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk (I just heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and let it sit while the yeast bubbled)
1/3 cup sugar
1 package yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 Tablespoon salt
1 egg
flour ( I used 4 1/2 cups plus the floor on the counter for rolling the dough out)

In mixer combine yeast, sugar and warm water; let it grow until bubbly (about 5 minutes). Add milk and mix. Mix in oil and egg. Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from the side of the bowl. Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes. Form rolls as desire and place on greased cookie sheet. Let rise an additional 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees 10-12 minutes. Brush hot rolls with melted butter. I made 2 dozen with this recipe.

Notes:
On shaping rolls: I wanted to make crescents out of these but I was at a lack for a pizza cutter, and the will to improvise for a pizza cutter, so I shaped my rolls like the Lion House Rolls here. I also didn't have a rolling pin, but for the record, a full wine bottle is a wonderful substitution! Laura's tutorial on muffin shaping can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment