Monday, January 11, 2010

Top Secret Restaurant Recipes - Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I don't think I know anyone who doesn't just love these biscuits, which I thought until recently were some kind of major-seafood-restaurant-chain-well-kept-secret, or something. I had heard whisperings about recipes for them on the Internet that were amazing, so I hopped on Google the other night and found Top Secret Restaurant Recipes: Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits shared by Todd Wilbur, "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2," Plume Books. They were just as good, if not better, than Red Lobster, and will be one of my go-to bread recipes!



Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
3/4 cup cold whole milk (I used 2%)
4 tablespoons cold butter, 1/2 stick (I cut mine up by tablespoons for easier mixing)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

Brush on Top
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or large fork. (I used a fork) You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.

Drop approximately 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased (I sprayed mine down with Pam and it was Puh-fect!) cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop (I used my hands and made balls, eye-balling it, also Puh-fect!).

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread garlic butter over the tops of the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. After buttering, add *just a touch* of the pinch of salt to each biscuit. Makes one dozen biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment