Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Perfect Pound Cake

This cake was amazing - I even forgot to add the eggs until towards the end (There was no mention of when to put them in, which is why I managed to miss it, until I looked at what I had in my mixing bowl and realized there was something very wrong and my mixture was far too dry. I modified the original recipe that I got from Pioneer Woman and put in when to add the eggs.) The only thing that made this superb cake better, for me, was getting a container of sliced strawberries in syrup from Safeway the next day to dump over a piece of cake - heaven!



3 sticks butter
3 cups sugar
5 whole eggs
1 teaspoon Butter Flavoring
2 teaspoons Lemon Flavoring (I found through a Google search that you can substitute 3 teaspoons lemon juice, but I ended up buying the lemon flavoring so I don't know how the substitution results would turn out)
3 cups All-purpose flour
1 cup Sprite

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cream butter. Add sugar, one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add butter and lemon extracts and mix well. Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add soft drink, then mix together until combined. Scrape sides of bowl, then mix briefly.

Pour into greased Bundt pan and bake for one hour to one hour ten minutes, until the cake is no longer jiggly. (I cooked mine for one hour twenty-five minutes because it wasn't done before that.)

Remove cake from oven and invert pan until cake drops out. Slice and chow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment