Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"

This post is copied from my journal, I wrote this entry Wednesday 5.5.10 on paper because I don't have Internet access at home at the moment

We hear this phrase so many times in our lives but I truly feel the journey that I've taken myself on over the last couple of weeks is going to bring about an incredible change for me and finally give me the direction that I've been searching for for years. It's incredible to me that I have just discovered my love of and my gift for baking in the past two years, and that I didn't really even begin to stretch my "culinary legs" really until the past seven months or so. I started a baking blog in January, and it wasn't until then that I formulated a plan, decided that I wanted to go to culinary school and applied for and was accepted to Pima. Then after I lost my job in February, the motorcycle accident, the month long recovery period and countless job applications turned in and a failed interview, I felt completely worthless and knew I had to do something with myself. So I went down to the college, completed my assessment tests, filled out the financial aid application for the summer and the fall and signed up for math, writing and human sexuality for the summer session.All I'm waiting on now is the financial aid to go through the school for the summer, then my classes start in three short weeks...un-be-freaking-lievable! I'm so very proud of myself because this is something that I'm doing for me, and I'm absolutely hell bent on this degree and acheiving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment